Can an attorney be a real estate broker in california?

A lawyer who is also licensed as a real estate agent can act in both capacities on behalf of a client in connection with the purchase of real estate, provided that both professions are developed within the standards of the California State Bar Association. As your professional licensing attorney, Lucy S. McAllister will be committed to providing you with the information, resources, and advice needed to help you effectively navigate California's licensing law and legal system. Advocating for real estate licenses in the San Francisco Bay Area requires a complex understanding of California laws, and Attorney Lucy S.

McAllister is familiar with the effective methods used to resolve them. If you are facing a potential loss or suspension of your California real estate license, Lucy S. McAllister can provide you with effective approaches to help you resolve your case. Our law offices are dedicated to serving clients facing serious legal issues.

Whether you want to be an agent or broker, if you want to buy or sell real estate in California, you'll need a real estate license. Other cases have argued that a lawyer can perform services similar to brokerage services if they are part of an ongoing representation of a client, but differentiate the situation of a lawyer representing a new client and providing the same services, when they are not ancillary to more traditional legal services. representation. California real estate agents and brokers who renew their licenses or request a late renewal must complete 45 hours of approved continuing education courses.

Many lawyers approach the licensing problem with the simple recourse of obtaining a broker's license. And speaking of real estate law, California has a number of statutes and regulations that all real estate professionals should be aware of. Their work requires not only a deep understanding of real estate, markets and people, but also the ability to be discreet but direct in sometimes tense and uncertain situations. There was a sharp dissent on this last point, which can have an impact on both lawyers and brokers.

If you have been charged with a criminal offense, either a misdemeanor or a felony, under Section 10186.2 of the Business Professions Code %26, you are required to report this fact to the California Real Estate Board immediately. It's possible, but you'll need to have an accreditation service chosen by the Real Estate Office evaluate your academic records. In other words, you can take the sales license exam directly without completing Real Estate Principles, Real Estate Practice, or the elective classes that are normally required. While the information contained in this website is believed to be accurate, it is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up to date, and you should not act on or rely on any information or material on this website without seeking the advice of an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

Miguel Cubeta
Miguel Cubeta

General internet ninja. Amateur zombie evangelist. Award-winning zombie geek. Hardcore music evangelist. Friendly pizza scholar.